The Gett

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The (wee) Fettle Boost (3) – finishing up

The next stage was getting the PCB done in KiCAD. To be honest, I messed it up the first time, so here’s the improved version. Firstly I checked the pinout of the transistors, which was a good job, because they weren’t as they should have been. For some reason KiCAD sometimes gets the footprints wrong,…

The (wee) Fettle Boost (2) – second version (and third)

So, I got to breadboarding with those findings in mind, and found that I had a pretty dirty little boost on my hands. I was happy with that and drew up this schematic on KiCAD. The cap on the source (pin 3 of the JFET) lets AC through, whilst not affecting the DC biasing of…