The Fettle Boost is a JFET drive pedal that goes all the way from tasteful clean boost to full on distort-o-fuzz. The high pass switch means you can get nice crisp tones or a full bottom end. It works great by itself as an always on pre amp, or as a second gain stage.
Love – volume knob
Clart* – boost switch
Use this to set a baseline gain level, and the fettle knob to fine tune.
- Left position covers cleaner boost/ drive.
- Right position adds more gain and gets you from overdrive into serious distort-o-fuzz.
Fettle** – gain knob
Hip ass* – bass response switch. This control helps you to find your place in the mix.
- Left position – full signal
- Middle position – slight bass roll off
- Right position – treble boost
** this pot will crackle when you turn it, that’s normal.
Note – This pedal has a lot of gain and volume on tap. If you set them both very high, you may well be pushing your amp too hard which could lead to damage.